Juniper Education Services offers you a wealth of free learning options to help you prepare for Juniper certification, transition from other platforms and learn new Juniper technologies.
Juniper Open Learning
How it works
Start your training for free
Earn your discounted exam voucher
Complete all the course modules and pass the Voucher Assessment Test with a score of 70% or higher and you will receive a 75% discount on your live exam, making it just $50 - a small investment to enhance your career.
Schedule and complete your exam within the 30-day window before the voucher expires.
Pass your live exam and you're Juniper Certified!
Once you're certified, you'll be able to:
- Demonstrate improved networking technology expertise in your company
- Solve everyday issues quicker and easier
- See an increase in quality and productivity
- Boost your career profile.
If you have team members who could benefit from this training, your organization could see a return on investment of over 300%.1
Juniper's Learning Portal gives you the tools to become faster, more efficient, and more sought-after in your business.
Differentiate your expertise
Terms & Conditions + Frequently Asked Questions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR EARN A VOUCHER. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF EARNING A VOUCHER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW, REGULATION OR CORPORATE POLICIES.
BY PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION, YOU FULLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY AGREE TO COMPLY WITH ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT PARTICIPATE FOR A VOUCHER. PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION (PARTICIPATION FOR A VOUCHER) CONSTITUTES AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- 1. Eligibility: Participants must be at least 18 years of age.
Government and state employees, “foreign officials”, and employees of Juniper Networks, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, “Juniper”) and families of such employees are prohibited from participating in and from accepting any award relating to this promotion. Participants are required to determine for themselves whether they would be deemed to be government or state employees or foreign officials under relevant laws. Juniper is not allowed to offer a Voucher or award to a government or government organization or any employee thereof. This means that National Organizers that are (closely) related to their government will unfortunately not be eligible for participation.
- 2. Rules: This promotion for a discounted Associate-Level Exam Voucher (the “Voucher”) runs for sixty (60) days from the initial date of registration within any of the below listed Open Learning Associate-Level curriculum paths (“Promotion Period”) and is valid for only the following Juniper Associate-Level Certifications:
To enter and be eligible for Voucher, participants must do the following:
- Junos, Associate (JNCIA-Junos)
- Security, Associate (JNCIA-SEC)
- Cloud, Associate (JNCIA-Cloud)
- Automation and DevOps, Associate (JNCIA-DevOps)
- Design, Associate (JNCDA)
- 1. Meet the eligibility requirements, as outlined in Section 1 of these Terms and Conditions;
- 2. Register for an applicable Open Learning Associate-Level curriculum path as outlined above.
- 3. Complete all required training in the respective Open Learning Associate-Level curriculum path as outlined above.
- 4. Achieve a score of seventy (70) percent or greater on the voucher assessment test within the Promotion Period as outlined above.
- 3. Voucher Assessment Test: There is a maximum of three attempts of the voucher assessment test to achieve the seventy (70) percent score. It will count as an attempt if you the participant launches the test and exits without saving, even if no questions were answered.
- 4. Exam Vouchers: The Voucher may only be used for an online-proctored delivery of the associated certification exam. The voucher code will immediately appear on your screen upon completion of the voucher assessment test. You may also find the voucher code under your Training History. Participants may only earn one Voucher per certification. Juniper will not provide a second Voucher if a participant passes the voucher assessment test again. Vouchers are non-transferrable, non-substitutable, and may not be redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of Juniper Networks.
- 5. Applicable Laws and Taxes: Participants agree to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, ordinances, and executive orders of any country, state, province, municipality, or government body applicable to (i) this promotion, and (ii) participant’s participation in this promotion, and participant will indemnify, defend and hold harmless Juniper Networks and its subsidiaries and its and their respective directors, officers, agents, employees, vendors, and suppliers from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, litigation, investigations and proceedings arising out of or related to (a) participant’s participation in the promotion, including, without limitation, the delivery of a Voucher under the promotion; (b) participant’s obligation to pay all taxes, if any, associated with any Voucher received by the participant; (c) any claims of employment, consulting, retention, hiring and/or any entitlement related thereto (including but not limited to pension, CPF, insurance or other benefits) by participant; or (d) participant’s breach or non-compliance of these Terms and Conditions.
The Vouchers provided under this promotion may be subject to taxes. Any and all taxes are the sole and personal responsibility of the recipient of any Voucher provided under this promotion.
- 6. General Conditions: Juniper may modify, suspend, cancel or terminate this promotion at any time and without any liability. Any modifications to the promotion will have immediate effect. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way be construed to (i) constitute participant as an agent, employee, or representative of Juniper or (ii) create a partnership, joint venture or employer-employee relationship between participant and Juniper. Participant agrees to conduct all business in a manner that, at all times (a) does not reflect negatively on Juniper or in any way harm Juniper’s reputation; (b) avoids unethical, illegal, misleading or deceptive practices; (c) does not make or appear to make any warranties, representations or guarantees on behalf of Juniper or related to Juniper products or services; and (d) complies with all applicable laws and regulations.
By participating, participant hereby: (a) agrees bound by these Terms and Conditions, and the decisions of Juniper, which shall be final and binding; and (b) waives any right to claim ambiguity in the promotion or these Terms and Conditions, except where prohibited by law.
By participating in this promotion, participant consents that details (including personal data and the courses taken) of the participant may be used by Juniper (and its appointed agents and partners) within ongoing media, social media and marketing campaigns for the purposes of promoting Juniper products/services without further approvals. Participant acknowledges and agrees that Juniper has not made any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to this promotion. All representations and warranties are hereby expressly disclaimed.
- 7. Data Privacy: Participant understands and agrees that Juniper may, and participant is granting Juniper consent to, use, store, and process participant’s name, image, video, and other personally identifiable information relating to participant, to the extent necessary for the purposes of this promotion and for promoting Juniper products/services. Juniper is entitled, but is not obligated, to make information concerning participant’s participation in this promotion available to Juniper’s employees, partners, contractors, suppliers, and subcontractors, and regulators; in writing or electronically. Participant acknowledges that participant has the sole responsibility for ensuring that participant’s information is accurate and that Juniper is kept aware of participant’s current relevant information. For the purposes hereof, “Agents” shall mean contractors, suppliers, and subcontractors.
Participant acknowledges and agrees that Juniper and its partners and Agents may, as part of this promotion (1) collect, access, retain, transfer, disclose, use, or destroy (collectively, “Process”) participant’s image, video, and other personally identifiable information, including without limitation participant’s name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address (collectively, “Personal Data”), and (2) transfer such Personal Data across borders, including, without limitation, from the European Economic Area to the United States and/or between other countries, as necessary. Participant represents and warrants that any information that participant provides in connection with this promotion, including without limitation, Personal Data, will be provided in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. Participant acknowledges and agrees that Juniper shall not be held liable or responsible for any inaccuracies or omissions contained in any Personal Data or any other information at the time such data is received by or on behalf of Juniper.
- 8. Governing Law: This promotion, and any awards or Vouchers provided, shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California, USA except for its choice of law rules. All disputes arising out of or related to this promotion shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state courts of the State of California for the County of Santa Clara or the United States District Court for the Northern District of California.
- 9. Limitation of Liability and Release: TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, JUNIPER AND ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, OR COSTS OR PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OF ANY KIND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, ARISING OUT OF THIS VOUCHER PROMOTION OR THESE RULES, EVEN IF JUNIPER OR ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH ACTION. PARTICIPANTS RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS JUNIPER AND ITS AFFILIATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, SUBCONTRACTORS AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF ENTRY IN THIS PROMOTION OR VOUCHER RECEIPT OR USE.
Q: How long do I have access to the Open Learning materials?
A: You will have six (6) months access to the learning materials.
Q: Can you earn a discounted exam voucher for any certification level?
A: No, vouchers are ONLY available for Associate-level certification exams once meeting all the requirements. Current certifications include: JNCIA-Junos, JNCIA-SEC, JNCIA-Cloud, JNCIA-DevOps, JNCDA.
Q: Are the live Open Learning sessions a requirement?
A: No. However, they are an excellent opportunity to hear key concepts explained by a subject matter expert and for you to ask questions.
Q: Are the live Open Learning sessions recorded?
A: No, they are NOT recorded.
Q: Are there hand-on labs as part of Open Learning?
A: No. However, there are recorded lab demonstrations at the end of many modules that you can watch.
Q: What are the requirements to earn a discounted exam voucher?
A: You must complete the following:
- 1. Meet the eligibility requirements, as outlined in Section 1 of the applicable Terms and Conditions;
- 2. Register for an applicable Open Learning Associate-Level curriculum path;
- 3. Complete all required training in the respective Open Learning Associate-Level curriculum path; and
- 4. Achieve a score of seventy (70) percent or greater on the voucher assessment test within the Promotion Period
Q: Does the voucher cover the full cost of the certification exam?
A: No, the voucher is good for 75% off of the price of the certification exam.
Q: For JNCIA exams specifically, how long do I have to pass the Voucher Assessment Test?
A: You may take the voucher assessment test within sixty (60) days of the initial date of registration for the curriculum path. You may only take the voucher assessment test 3 times to earn the voucher. Each time you click on it, that counts as an attempt.
Q: Can I use my voucher to schedule an exam through PearsonVue Online Proctoring or only through a Testing Center?
A: You can ONLY schedule and take your exam using the discount voucher through Online Proctoring with PearsonVue. The voucher can NOT be used at a Testing Center.
Q: When I earn my discount voucher code to take an online exam, how long is it valid?
A: Upon achieving 70% score (or better), users will receive an on-screen prompt to request their discount voucher. It is valid for 30 days from the date of issuance.
Q: I passed the Voucher Assessment Test but have not received my discount voucher. Who can I contact?
A: If you received a discount exam voucher previously, then you will not be issued another voucher. Otherwise if this if your first time taking the assessment and you did not receive your voucher then please submit your inquiries here.
Q: If I pass the Voucher Assessment Test more than once, may I earn multiple discount exam vouchers?
A: No, you are eligible to earn only one discount voucher per certification exam. Additional vouchers for a specific exam will not be provided even if you pass the voucher assessment test again or register for a future session. We scan for voucher misuse and fraud, and if detected your certifications will be revoked and you will be permanently banned from the certification program.
Q: I did not use my discount exam voucher before it expired. Can you extend the deadline or issue me a new voucher?
A: No, the deadline cannot be extended and new vouchers will not be issued after expiration. Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to extend voucher deadlines, or issue new vouchers.
Q: Can I give my discount exam voucher to someone else?
A: No, the vouchers are non-transferable. You must register for your exam using the same email address which you used to obtain your voucher.
Q: If I use my discount exam voucher and do not pass, may I earn another voucher?
A: No. We provide one voucher, per student, per exam.
Q: When will new dates for Open Learning sessions be added to the calendar?
A: Sessions are being added on an ongoing basis. Please periodically monitor the page to see when new sessions/dates are added.
Q: Where can I check if my home office environment meets the testing requirements to take the exam online?
A: On the Pearson Vue website
Q: Where can I go to learn about certification related information?
Q: I need help with JNCIA-MistAI eLearning content or my mist.com username/password.
A: All support for MistAI MistMaster eLearning content and user accounts is provided through Mist Systems directly. Please contact Mist for customer support.
Q: Who can I contact with questions?
A: Please submit your inquiries here
1International Data Group, Inc. (IDG), “Network Automation Requires Well-Skilled Teams: The Business Value of Juniper Education Services” (2019)
Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Center Networking, Andrew Lerner, Jonathan Forest, Evan Zeng, Joe Skorupa, 30 June 2020.
Gartner Magic Quadrant for Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure, Bill Menezes, Christian Canales, Mike Toussaint, Tim Zimmerman, 4 November 2020.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose”