IJSEC is an introductory-level course.
Operators of Juniper Networks security solutions, including network engineers, administrators, support personnel, and resellers.
The following are the prerequisites for this course:
Students should have basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model and the TCP/ IP protocol suite.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify high-level security challenges in today’s networks.
- Identify products that are incorporated into the Juniper Connected Security solution.
- Explain the value of implementing security solutions.
- Explain how Juniper Connected Security solves the cyber security challenges of the future.
- Explain the SRX Series devices and the added capabilities that next-generation firewalls provide.
- Explain traffic flows through the SRX Series devices.
- List the different security objects and how to create them.
- Describe interface types and perform basic interface configuration tasks.
- Describe the initial configuration for a SRX Series device.
- Explain security zones.
- Describe screens and their use.
- Explain address objects.
- Describe services and their use.
- Describe the purpose for security policies on an SRX Series device.
- Describe zone-based policies.
- Describe global policies and their use.
- Explain unified security policies.
- Configure unified security policies with the J-Web user interface.
- Describe IDP signatures.
- Configure an IDP policy using predefined templates with the J-Web user interface.
- Describe the use and configuration of the integrated user firewall feature.
- Describe the UTM security services.
- List the available UTM services on the SRX Series device.
- Configure UTM filtering on a security policy with the J-Web user interface.
- Explain Sky ATP’s use in security.
- Describe how Sky ATP and SRX Series devices operate together in blocking threats.
- Describe NAT and why it is used.
- Explain source NAT and when to use it.
- Explain destination NAT and when to use it.
- Explain static NAT and its uses.
- Describe the operation and configuration the different types of NAT.
- Identify various types of VPNs.
- Describe IPsec VPNs and their functionality.
- Describe how IPsec VPNs are established.
- Describe IPsec traffic processing.
- Configure IPsec VPNs with the J-Web user interface.
- Describe and configure proxy IDs and traffic selectors with the J-Web user interface.
- Monitor IPsec VPNs with the J-Web user interface.
- Describe the J-Web monitoring features.
- Explain the J-Web reporting features.
- Describe the Sky Enterprise service and how it can save resources.
- Explain the functionality of Junos Space Security Director.
Chapter 1: COURSE INTRODUCTION
Chapter 2: Juniper Security Concepts
- Security Challenges
- Security Design Overview
- Juniper Connected Security
Chapter 3: Juniper Connected Security – SRX Series Devices
- SRX Architectural Overview
- Traffic Processing
- J-Web Overview
- Initial Configuration
- Interface Configuration
- Lab 1: Initial Configuration
Chapter 4: Security Objects
- Security Zone Objects
- Security Screen Objects
- Security Address Objects
- Security Services Objects
- Lab 2: Creating Security Objects with J-Web
Chapter 5: Security Policies
- Security Policy Overview
- Security Policy Components
- Application Firewall with Unified Security Policies
- Security Policy Case Study
- Lab 3: Implementing Security Policies
Chapter 6: Security Services – IDP and User Firewall
- Introduction to IPS
- IPS Policy Components
- Configuring IPS Policies
- User Firewall Overview
- Configuring Integrated User Firewall
- Lab 4: Implementing Security Services
Chapter 7: Security Services - UTM
- Content Filtering
- Web Filtering
- Lab 5: Implementing UTM
Chapter 8: Juniper Connected Security – Sky ATP
- Sky ATP Overview
- Sky ATP Features
- Sky ATP Setup
- Monitor Sky ATP
- Lab 6: Demonstrating Sky ATP
Chapter 9: Network Address Translation
- NAT Overview
- Source NAT
- Destination NAT
- Static NAT
- Lab 7: Implementing Network Address Translation
Chapter 10: Site-to-Site VPNs
- IPsec Site-to-Site VPN Configuration
- IPsec Site-to-Site VPN Case Study
- Proxy IDs and Traffic Selectors
- Monitoring Site-to-Site IPsec VPNs
- Lab 8: Implementing Site-to-Site IPsec VPNs
Chapter 11: Monitoring and Reporting
- Monitor Platform and Interface Operations
- J-Web Reporting options
- Lab 9: Using Monitoring and Reporting
Appendix A: SRX Series Hardware
Appendix B: Virtual SRX
Appendix C: Juniper Sky Enterprise
Appendix D: IPsec VPN Concepts