Network Automation in the Enterprise Cloud (NAEC) is an advanced-level course.
The primary audience for this course includes network engineers, administrators, support personnel, and reseller support personnel, responsible for working with Contrail-based networking solutions in data center and enterprise cloud environments.
The prerequisites for this course are as follows:
- TCP/IP networking knowledge
- Working knowledge of cloud networks
- Attended Network Automation using the Contrail Controller (NACC) course
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the benefits of Contrail Enterprise Multicloud.
- Describe the use cases of Contrail Enterprise Multicloud.
- Understand the Contrail Enterprise Multicloud architecture.
- Explain Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift architecture.
- Explain how Contrail integrates with Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift.
- Understand how Contrail Security is used with Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift.
- List main deployment methods for Contrail with Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift.
- Explain vCenter architecture.
- Understand vCenter integration with Contrail.
- Describe how to connect vCenter workloads using Contrail virtual networks.
- Describe how to use Contrail Security features to secure vCenter workloads.
- Explain the AWS architecture.
- Describe how to launch AWS workloads and network them over Contrail virtual networks.
- Describe how to use Contrail Security features to secure AWS workloads.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Contrail Enterprise Multicloud Overview
- CEM Overview
- CEM Use Cases
- CEM Architecture
Chapter 3: Using Contrail with Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift
- Architecture of Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift
- Contrail Integration Overview
- Workload Isolation
- Using Contrail Security
- Deploying Contrail with Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift
- Lab 1: Contrail and Kubernetes Integration
- Lab 2: Contrail and OpenShift Integration
Chapter 4: Using Contrail with VMware vCenter
- Overview of VMware vCenter
- Contrail Integration with vCenter
- Instantiating vCenter Workloads over Contrail Virtual Networks
- Securing vCenter Workloads with Contrail Security
- Lab 3: Contrail and vCenter Integration
Chapter 5: Private to Public Cloud Overlay Networking - AWS
- Contrail and Public Cloud Integration
- AWS Overview
- Instantiating AWS Workloads over Contrail Virtual Networks
- Using Contrail Security to Secure AWS Workloads
- Lab 4: Interconnecting Private Cloud Workloads to AWS Workloads