After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the role of the Network Director.
- Describe the Network Director modes.
- Describe how to build and deploy profiles.
- Explain how to monitor managed devices.
- Discuss how to generate reports through Network Director.
- Discuss the function and inner workings of ZTP.
- Describe how to configure and implement ZTP using Network Director.
- Explain the role of virtualization.
- Discover virtualized devices.
- Understand orchestration.
This course benefits individuals responsible for managing Junos switching with EX Series, QFX Series, QFabric, and virtualized devices using the Network Director software in an enterprise network environment.
Junos Space—Network Director is an intermediate-level course.
Students should have experience with the Junos operating system, including device management, routing, and switching. Students should have a basic understanding of virtualization technologies. Students should also attend the Junos Space Essentials (JSE) and Junos Enterprise Switching (JEX) courses prior to attending this class.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Network Director Modes
- Network Director Overview
- Network Director Modes
Chapter 3: Wired Device Management
- Wired Device Management
- Configuring and Deploying Wired Device Profiles
- Working with Network Director Lab
Chapter 4: Implementing Zero Touch Provisioning
- Function and Internal Workings of ZTP
- Configure and Implement ZTP with Network Director
- Implementing ZTP Lab
Chapter 5: Virtualization Management in Network Director
- Virtual Systems and Network Director Overview
- Discovering and Managing Virtual Systems
- Enabling and Using Orchestration
- Managing Virtual Systems Lab
Appendix A: QFabric Management
- Discovering and Managing QFabric Systems
- Generating Reports in QFabric