SD-WAN with Contrail Service Orchestration (SD-CSO)
This three-day course is designed to provide students with the knowledge required to work with the Juniper Contrail Service Orchestration solution. Students will gain in-depth knowledge of how to use Contrail Service Orchestration (CSO), SRX Series, and EX Series devices to instantiate SD-WAN, SD-LAN, and NGFW deployments of the Juniper Networks solution. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience with features of each of these devices. This course is based on CSO Release 5.0.
Note: This course comes with electronic books (eBooks) only. No hard copy books are available. For specific content questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2 Ways to Buy!
Register for this course by clicking on an upcoming date below.
All Access Pass
Click To Expand Full Course Outline
SD-WAN with Contrail Service Orchestration (SD-CSO) is an advanced-level course.
This course benefits individuals responsible for working with software-defined networking solutions in service provider and enterprise environments.
The following are the prerequisites for this course:
Basic TCP/IP skills
Basic understanding of software defined networking
Basic understanding of the Junos operating system
Attendance of the Juniper Cloud Fundamentals (JCF) course prior to attending this class
- Describe the functions of a traditional enterprise network.
- Describe the purpose of Contrail Service Orchestration
- Describe the differences between each CSO use case.
- Describe the basic features of the CSO portals.
- Describe how to add a new tenant to CSO.
- Describe how to verify the status of CSO.
- Navigate the customer portal.
- Describe the SD-WAN deployment model.
- Describe the workflow for the SD-WAN deployment model.
- Describe how to implement intent based policies.
- Describe how to implement SLA profiles and policies.
- Instantiate an SD-WAN topology using CSO and SRX Series devices.
- Describe the NGFW deployment model.
- Describe the workflow for the NGFW deployment model.
- Describe the Stage 1 configuration of the SRX Series device created by CSO.
- Describe how to implement intent-based policy using CSO.
- Instantiate an NGFW site using CSO and SRX Series devices.
- Describe the LAN management features of CSO.
- Describe the workflow for configuring LAN management.
- Describe the Stage 1 configuration of EX Series devices created by CSO.
- Describe how Mist integrates with CSO.
- Instantiate a LAN topology using CSO, SRX, and EX Series devices.
- Describe the available RBAC features.
- Describe the day one operational features.
- Describe the monitoring features.
- Generate reports.
Chapter 1: COURSE INTRODUCTION
Chapter 2: Introduction to Contrail Service Orchestration
- SDN/NFV Overview
- Today’s Enterprise Network
- Juniper’s CSO Solution Overview
Chapter 3: CSO User Interfaces
- Basic Navigation
- Administrator Portal Walkthrough
- Adding a Tenant
- Customer Portal Walkthrough
- Verifying the State of CSO
- Lab 1: CSO User Interfaces
Chapter 4: SD-WAN
- Contrail SD-WAN Deployment Model
- Secure OAM
- Dynamic VPN
- Intent-Based Policies
- SD-WAN SLA Policies
Chapter 5: SD-WAN Configuration
- SD-WAN Deployment Workflow
- Adding OAM Hubs
- Adding Enterprise Hubs
- Adding Spoke Sites
- Adding Licenses and IPD Signatures
- Configuring Intent-Based Firewall Policies
- Configuring Application Routing and SLA Profiles
- LAB 2: Contrail SD-WAN Deployment
Chapter 6: NGFW
- NGFW Deployment Model
- NGFW Deployment Workflows
- Zone-Based Policies
- LAB 3: NGFW Deployment
Chapter 7: LAN
- LAN Management
- Deployment Options and Workflows
- SD-WAN Deployment Workflow
- LAB 4: LAN Deployment
Chapter 8: Administration and Monitoring
Below is a list of scheduled dates when this event will take place. Some events require registration for attendance so you will need to click on the date for more information regarding the specific event.
If you don't see the date you prefer, please email us at email@example.com to request a date or schedule your custom training session.
Display dates for