AppFormix Cloud Services (AFCS) is an intermediate-level course.
The primary audience for this course is operators such as network engineers, administrators, support personnel, and reseller support personnel.
The following are the prerequisites for this course:
Students should have TCP/IP networking knowledge.
Students should have working knowledge of cloud networks.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the benefits of AppFormix.
- Explain the operation and use of AppFormix.
- Explain how to setup and install AppFormix in different environments.
- Explain the purpose and use of the different AppFormix features.
- Understand the purpose of the Clusters feature.
- Describe how to use the dashboard to examine the state of the network.
- Understand the purpose and use of the Charts feature.
- Explain the benefits of capacity planning.
- Explain how to setup the chargeback functionality.
- Explain how to use AppFormix charts.
- Explain how to use AppFormix heat maps.
- Describe the benefits of reports and service monitoring functionalities.
- Explain the purpose and use of AppFormix alarms.
- Explain the purpose and use of AppFormix Composite Rules.
- Explain the purpose of JTI.
- Discuss native JTI sensors.
- Explain OpenConfig and gRPC sensors.
- Describe best practices for JTI.
- Explain how to use JTI with AppFormix.
Chapter 1: AppFormix Overview
- Operations Management
- AppFormix Operation and Use Cases
- Install and setup
Chapter 2: AppFormix Features
- AppFormix Features Overview
- Heat Map
- Capacity Planning
Chapter 3: Alarms and Composite Rules
- Alarms Overview
- Alarms Case Study
- Composite Rules
- Lab1: Implementing AppFormix Features
Chapter 4: Junos Telemetry Interface
- JTI Overview
- Native Sensors
- OpenConfig and gRPC sensors
- JTI and AppFormix
- Lab2: Implementing JTI with AppFormix